Saturday, May 9, 2009

Crazy Love....Again

I am reading the book "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan again. Well listening to it on itunes audiobooks. This book seriously rocks my world each time. There is a part in the book that talks about a 14 year old girl named Brooke who was totally in love with God. This is what she had to say:

"Ill live my life to the fullest. I’ll be happy. I’ll brighten up. I will be more joyful than I have ever been. I will be kind to others. I will loosen up. I will tell others about Christ. I will go on adventures and change the world. I will be bold and not change who I really am. I will have no troubles but instead help others with their troubles.

You see, I’ll be one of those people who live to be history makers at a young age. Oh, I’ll have moments, good and bad, but I’ll wipe away the bad and only remember the good. In fact that’s all I remember, just good moments, nothing in between, just living my life to the fullest. I’ll be one of those people who go somewhere with a mission, an awesome plan, a world-changing plan, and nothing will hold me back. I’ll set an example for others, I will pray for direction.

I have my life before me. I will give others the joy I have and God will give me more joy. I will do everything God tells me to do. I will follow the footsteps of God. I will do my best!!!"


Brooke died in a car accident on her way home from the movies. Even though her life ended soon her impact on the world didn't. Over 1500 people attended her funeral. Everyone spoke about her example and her joy that she had. Before brooke died, she would use her allowance to buy bibles and pass them out at school to her friends and classmates. She wanted to change the world. At her funeral, 200 students came forward and wanted what Brooke had. A relationship with Christ. Each student was given one of the bibles Brooke had bought.


How amazing is this?!!? Why can't we all live our lives totally, fully, honestly surrendered to God? This story has challenged me this week and i just wanted to share it!


1 comment:

Mandi said...

thanks for sharing this! i hope you had a marvelous first mother's day! yay!