Sunday, September 5, 2010

life is short

Tonight Mike and I watched this. Some of the things these people go through blows my mind. How could a human do this to another human? What would I do if I got lost in a snow storm? SO many different stories of people who survived. As I was watching this show I flashed back to the time where Mike and I got held up at gun point when we were attending a High School football game in Florida. I really thought at that moment "this is it, I am going HOME." And honestly, yes I was scared out of my mind but also had a huge sense of peace that everything is ok. Whatever happens it's ok. (Mike was even surprised how I handled talking to the two young men, I was calm and collected. Total God thing. )Our story doesn't even compare to the stories on "I Survived" but in a way I can relate to those who walk away that SURVIVED and how thankful they were to be alive. That night at the football game could of ended very quick for Mike and I. In a dark parking lot walking in the ghetto of Sanford, FL. (we are used to VERY safe areas and didn't even think we would ever be in any harm) All I know is that God is in control of EVERYTHING that happens. Good and bad. And that life is short, just like what this bible verse says.
James 4:14
"How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone"