Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Girls Retreat





This past weekend my friend Andreya and I took the Elevate youth group girls on a little retreat.  We kicked it off at Miracle Camp doing some low ropes course action.  (as you can see in the picture above) If you have never done a low ropes course, DO IT!  SO much fun and you learn a lot about each other and how much you can accomplish as a team.  Pretty sure we were laughing the entire time.  Our instructors thought we were crazy.  And yes, we were.  They even updated their Facebook status about how insane we were.  Glad we made their job VERY interesting and comical that day.

After the ropes we tackled the zip line.  This is no little zip line. I tried to put on a "no worry" face, but I was scared out of my mind.  But once I  jumped off and got the screaming out of my system, I was having a blast.

We learned a lot about ourselves this weekend. In the end we all walked away from this with a bigger understanding that if we unite together as a youth group....we can do so much!!

No comments: