Friday, April 27, 2012

Much needed



Like I said in the last post, this week has been crazy. Thankfully last night I was able to go out with Mr. Hipster and some friends to see Rend Collective Experiment in concert. If you have never heard of them watch THIS.  Simply amazing and a wonderful group of people.  Along with this band, Francis Chan was the speaker.


God has been working on my heart the past few months on a lot of areas, and Francis touched on a lot of them.  He made it clear to me that God has plans for myself and my family(I have always known this but "life" takes over sometimes)  A few things he touched on....


* Life is not about buying a home, becoming settled with your family and living a content every day life. There is so much more out there for my family to be concerned about. Helping those who are in need.  Showing my kids that God provides, so don't FREAK out! And experiencing the Holy Spirit work in our lives.  And I have been worried/stressed that we will never "settle" somewhere. We are BLESSED to have a home, food and clothes.  God's doing something great with my little family...something crazy yet amazing.  I just know it.




*I need to be more courageous. I need to step up and help those around me.  Again people are in need of so much out there.  It's time we disciple people around us to be what God wants them to be.  And that's part of  God's plan for us on here on earth
Matt. 29:19-20
Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations,t baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.

20 Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”

I have a new view on life I guess now.  I needed this more then anything.  Not going to lie, I was getting a little depressed with what was going on around me. But last night God gave me a peace about it all.  It reassured me He's in this with me, He's not going anywhere, and what we are doing is what He wants us to be doing as a family.  

Side note:  Every time Mr. Hipster hears Francis Chan speak he wants more kids.  HA!  Francis has FIVE kids and loves talking about them.  It's pretty precious if you ask me that Mr. Hipster wants more kids.  Again, God has something awesome going on for my family. :)

I better get back to packing now that Allie Jo is asleep.

Have a great weekend! 

No comments: