Friday, September 21, 2012

Doubt


Don't you hate when that little voice says "You can't do _____________, you aren't good enough.
You won't be able to do it.  It's too hard, just stop." (I promise I don't have little voices talking to me, but you know what I  mean)

DOUBT. 

It runs through all of us.  I hate it.

I am the type of person that if something doesn't go well the first time, I tend to give up.  Throw in the towel and that voice comes up again that says " I told you so."

How do we overcome DOUBT? Being too hard on yourself at times?

Sometimes, ok ALL THE TIME, we need to go to God about it.

This morning my verse for the day on my awesome You Version app. on my phone was this

And I am certain that God, who began the good work within YOU, will CONTINUE his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.  

How can I doubt myself if God is on my side?   I feel like if I doubt myself I am doubting the God who made me from dirt.  Dirt people....dirt.


I need to remember that He is doing something unique in everyone oneof our lives. A good work. If we allow Him to.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

It is so true ... we all carry so much doubt, don't we. (You're awesome!) Great thought for today Michelle and I love that picture too.