Thursday, June 12, 2014

Summa Time


It's here! And I am excited to relax,  play and be happy with my kids!


I have come across a few mom blogs that talk about summer time with their kids. 

Some hit home for me and others I wonder if they like being a mom at all?

I am not going to sit here and lie to you though, I am nervous about this summer.  My two oldest are in the phase of being tattle tales and fighting over EVERYTHING.  Sometimes I feel like I am constantly separating and punishing.  Happy Days.

This summer I want to be able to relax and watch a movie with the kids without worrying about laundry that never ends.

I will play with my kids outside.  Someday they will be too old to play with.  I don't want to miss out on this.  So my house might be a hot mess if you come over to visit. Sorry in advance.

I want to be "Facebook free" in a sense.  Non of this comparing to what everyone else is doing/making this summer.  I don't want to overwhelm my family with a million things we can do. I know I will be putting my cell phone down more.  Leaving it inside when I am outside. My mom NEVER had a call phone with her.  I think I can manage without as well.

I am VERY ready for trips to the Zoo, park lunches, Library visits, back yard camp outs,slip in slides, lake days, play dates with friends, BBQ's, and frog catching.  

My prayer this summer is that I survive and I survive HAPPY.

That we can look back on Summer 2014 and say we had a blast!

What are some of your thoughts on this summer?

No comments: