Sunday, February 1, 2015

Every. Single. Day.

Anyone completely absorbed in self ignores God, ends up thinking more about self than God. That person ignores who God is and what he is doing. And God isn’t pleased at being ignored. (Romans 8:7-8)

Ugggg shot to the heart right?

Today a big snow storm has blown in. Church is cancelled. 
As crazy/hard it is for me to get the girls ready and out the door for church my soul longs for it when I miss it.
That's a good thing. 

But how easy is it to go through the week so self absorbed? Um super easy for me. 
I like working out. (me)
I like reading (me) 
I like eating yummy food (me) 
I like cat naps (me)
I like my alone time (me) 

Not that these things are bad, but when my focus is off of God and it's all about me, well I miss out seeing what God is doing and who He is. 

Instead I could 
Thank God on my drive to crossfit that I have the ability to workout. Thank God my husband can too. Praise God my kids are asleep at home and healthy.
Choose books that glorify God. I'm not saying we need to read Christian books because we are Christians, but pick books wisely. 
Pray that I turn to God instead of food. Aka sweets. 
Maybe instead of cat naps I could pray for others, work on my church ministry, send encouraging cards. 

Focusing on God is something we choose. It doesn't happen over night or when we decide to walk with Him. We work at it. Every. Single. Day.




No comments: